Sunglasses - A Summer Health Necessity & Fashion Must
Why Wearing Sunglasses is Important
The Florida climate makes being outdoors so much fun but don’t forget to protect your eyes from all the sunshine. The sun’s rays can damage your eyes and may lead to future eye conditions like cataracts, macular degeneration or eyelid skin cancer. Wearing sunglasses that protect your eyes from the sun’s UV exposure is very important.
Get your cameras ready! We are celebrating #NationalSunglassesDay on June 27, and we want to see you rocking your favorite pair of shades! Tag us #sight360 #SunglassSelfie and #NationalSunglassesDay
What to look for in Good Sunglasses
The American Optometric Association recommends that you follow these tips for sunglasses.
- Be sure your sunglasses block out 99 to 100% of both UV-A and UV-B rays. While some contact lenses also offer UV protection, these should be worn with sunglasses to maximize protection.
- Your sunglasses should screen out 75 to 90% of visible light.
- The frame of your sunglasses needs to fit close to your eyes and contour to the shape of your face. This prevents exposure to UV rays from all sides, even from behind.
- Pick lenses that are perfectly matched in color and are free of distortion and imperfection.
- Lenses should also have a uniform tint, not darker in one area from another. The AOA suggests a gray tint, which is particularly helpful when driving as it offers the best color recognition.
Our Sunglasses Frames
Do you have a prescription? No Appointment Necessary!
If you have an existing prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses, stop in anytime during business hours at any one of our locations. You do not need an appointment to speak with a licensed optician to fill your prescription.
Convenient Locations in Your Neighborhood
Highly Rated Eye Doctors & Vision Care Specialists
Your sight is your most important sense. Therefore, you want to make sure it is in excellent hands. You can trust the vision care specialists at Sight360, but don’t take our word for it.
Here’s what our patients have to say about the level of care we provide.